In the ferrous and non-ferrous metallurgy, chemical and oil industries, in the production of construction materials, as well as in the food, textile and other industries, various dust collection and gas cleaning systems based on bag and electric precipitators are widely used. Their purpose is to separate dust from gases and air.
The following problems are very common in gas cleaning systems:
- accumulation of dust on the houses of bag filters and on the electrodes of electric precipitators, requiring the use of appropriate technological operations for its removal in order to regenerate the filters;
- hanging of the filtered dust in the dust collection hoppers located directly under the filters, as well as in the storage hoppers of the dust unloading areas.
These factors negatively affect both the production process and environmental performance.
Various systems for shaking hoses and electrodes are used to regenerate the filters.
Traditional shaking systems are:
- mechanical system for electric and bag filters – is a complex mechanism in operation, consisting of shafts, worm gears, cams, couplings, levers, etc., in most cases, it does not allow to quickly adjust the force and frequency of impact on the treated bags and electrodes;
- pneumatic impulse system for bag filters. This system requires the generation of high pressure air and its special preparation (for example, drying).
To eliminate the hanging of filtered materials in hoppers, mechanical agitators, electric vibrators, pneumatic hammers, and pneumatic guns are traditionally used. In most cases, these systems are insufficiently effective, do not provide cleaning of the inner surfaces of the hoppers from adhered materials, and have significant operating costs.
An effective tool for solving the problems of freezing and sticking of bulk materials are developed and manufactured by RPE “MITEK” LLC magnetic-pulse installations IM, which over the past decades have found wide application in various industries to eliminate freezing and sticking of bulk materials such as ore, charge, coal rock, limestone, cement, compound feed, flour, other materials, including filtered dust.
The Installations IM are successfully used in gas cleaning systems both for eliminating dust hanging in various hoppers and cyclones, and for shaking the hoses and electrodes of bag and electric precipitators in order to regenerate them.
The installations IM are more efficient and economical in operation compared to the above-mentioned traditional shaking and cleaning systems due to the following factors:
- the use of energy-saving technology;
- the ability to quickly adjust the amplitude, shape, repetition rate of the impacting impulses;
- high efficiency, reliability and ease of maintenance;
- maintainability and durability – service life of IM installations before overhaul is at least 10 years.